Effective Date: January 1, 2021
The Hollywood Professional Association (“HPA”) (collectively “we,” “our,” or “us”) provide this privacy notice to describe how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process the information of individuals who visit our www.hpaonline.com or any sites or mobile applications we offer that link to this privacy notice (collectively “Digital Properties”).
We collect information you provide to us when visiting our Digital Properties, including your name, address, email address, phone number, fax number, payment information, employment information, social media handles, birthday, and any other information you choose to provide us. We may collect this information when you apply to become a member, register for an event, purchase our products, make a donation, or interact with us for any other purpose. We also collect information if you post content on our Digital Properties, such as through use of commenting features. We may collect information such as your contact information from our members, including through our member referral program.
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To deliver products and services you request, including to provide membership benefits and subscriptions to our communications;
- To improve member services, including to contact you as you request;
- To advertise and market our products and services, including to provide communications on our events, news, and other relevant information;
- To process applications or registrations;
- For business purposes, such as analytics, research, marketing, recruitment, and operational purposes;
- To comply with the law; and/or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
We do not use automatic decision-making or engage in profiling.
Where we intend to use or otherwise process your personal data for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected, we will provide you with information regarding the purpose for the processing, as well as other relevant information, prior to processing your personal data for the new purpose.
We share your information with third parties, including the following:
- Third parties that perform services on our behalf, including payment card processing companies, online gateways, and providers of technology such as our job boards and voting software
- Other HPA members, including through the publication of a membership directory;
- Qualified, relevant businesses, and organizations such as our event sponsors and partners, for their direct marketing purposes. See the “Your Choices” section for additional information;
- Third parties that assist with services related to our events, including with facilities hosting our events;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties;
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
Our Digital Properties may permit members to post comments. The information that you post in these areas of our Digital Properties may be available to other members and the general public.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
Third-Party Links and Tools
We may work with third parties that collect data about your use of our Digital Properties and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. We use Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of our Digital Properties and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Digital Properties, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Our Digital Properties may provide links to third-party websites or apps, including our social media pages. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy notices of other websites or apps that you use to learn about their data practices.
Our Digital Properties may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on our Digital Properties, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.
This section applies to those that visit our Digital Properties from the European Union.
Lawful Basis for Processing
On certain occasions, we process your personal data when it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, such as to provide services to you in connection with membership, attending an event or one of our courses, or providing sponsorship. We may also process your personal data to respond to your inquiries concerning our services.
On other occasions, we process your personal data where required by law. We may also process your personal data if necessary to protect your interests or the interests of a third party.
Additionally, we process your personal data when necessary to do so for direct marketing purposes and other business functions and these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. Where we process your personal data for this purpose, our legitimate interest is to carry out our business in favor of the well-being of all our employees and members.
If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no statutory basis for such processing, we will ask for your consent to process your personal data. You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of personal data at any time.
If you wish to exercise the right to withdraw consent, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the “Contact” section below for contact information.
Transfers of Personal Data
Please be aware that the personal data we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store personal data in the United States and your consent to this privacy notice represents your agreement to this processing.
In other instances, we have entered into Model Contractual Clauses for the international transfer of personal data collected in the EU with certain service providers, customers, and other parties, or we rely on vendors who have self-certified to the EU – U.S. Privacy Shield to transfer personal data to the United States.
You have a right to the following:
- To request access to the personal data we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal data;
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal data;
- Under certain circumstances, to receive personal data about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal data directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability; and
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal data.
To exercise these rights, contact us at email@example.com. See the “Contact” section below. Please be aware that we may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
We will process and store your personal data only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage, or as permitted by law. The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal data is the respective statutory retention period or consistent with our lawful basis or business purpose(s) for retaining personal data. After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of a contract or the initiation of a contract.
To opt-in, and specify your preferences for email communications, please visit our email preferences manager at http://eepurl.com/bceNP5 .
Once you have started receiving email communications from us, you may opt-out of our e-mail marketing or change your communication preferences by accessing the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message.
If you are an HPA member, you may also update your information by logging into your account or contacting us using the information in the “Contact” section below.
As described in this privacy notice, we may also make your personal information available to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Pursuant to California Civil Code § 1798.83, no more than once per calendar year, you may request that we send you via mail or email: (1) the categories of personal information disclosed to those third parties; and (2) the names and addresses of those third parties. To request this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact us, in our role as data controller, at:
135 E. OLIVE AVE. #509
BURBANK CA 91502-1820
Telephone: + 1 818 273 1482
HPA Event Policy
By registering for this HPA Event (the “Event”), each person that attends (“Attendee” or “you” or with “your”) agrees to the following terms and policies with and by the Hollywood Professional Association (HPA).
TO ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE, PLEASE:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age;
- Agree to and abide by all HPA terms and policies for the Event;
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations;
- Use any Event materials or information (including Event exhibitor information) (“HPA Materials”) or Event communication tools or network resources (“Event Solution”) as directed, for personal use, and only to attend or participate in the Event;
- Assume all responsibility for personal expenses or dealings (or agreements) with third parties or persons with whom you may connect or interact;
- Acknowledge and agree that the Event, Event Solution, and HPA Materials, unless otherwise indicated, are owned and provided by HPA, and that HPA reserves all right not expressly granted;
- Do not use any names or trademarks of HPA without express prior permission; and
- Do not use audio or video devices to record the Event;
TO ACCESS THE EVENT, PLEASE:
- See https://hpaonline.com for more information regarding the Event;
- Register for the Event (as directed by HPA at https://hpaonline.com) and provide accurate and complete information;
- Obtain your badge (and other access credentials) onsite at the Event with a valid Photo ID;
- Maintain possession (or control) of your badge (or access credentials) for the Event;
- Understand that any (available) Attendee registration discount(s) is valid only for new (not existing) registration (and not for speaker(s), session chair(s), program committee(s), or exhibitor registration(s)), remains limited to a single registered
- person, and applies to Event registration packages only (and not to additional special event pricing or ticketing); and
- Review https://hpaonline.com to understand the applicable cancellation, refund, and transfer policy(ies) for the Event;
WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR THE EVENT, YOU:
- Acknowledge and agree that you are not permitted to secure hospitality suites or other private event space at the Event venue without prior authorization from HPA. Any co-located event during the duration of the Event must be approved by HPA and cannot conflict with any conference-related activity or event. Unapproved third-party events may result in loss of conference admittance without compensation as well as penalties. The use of the HPA name or logo to promote an unapproved third-party event is strictly prohibited.
- Agree not to assign or transfer your right to attend the Event without prior HPA consent;
- Understand that HPA reserves the right to cancel the Event or any related program (see https://hpaonline.com for cancellation/refund);
- Understand that HPA reserves the right to refuse entry or require removal from the Event for violation of any Event-related term(s) or policy(ies);
- Assume all risk of personal injury or personal property loss or damage (to any item(s) you possess) while attending;
- Agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless HPA, the venue and their Event partners, respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, contractors, volunteer staff, successors, and assigns from any and all liability that may arise directly or indirectly, now or in the future, by reason of any injury, damage, loss, or expense incurred by you or your property (in your possession or control) while attending the Event;
- Authorize HPA and its contractors, representatives, agents, licensees, or partners to film, photograph, record, or otherwise document in any medium (“Recording(s)”) your participation in the Event, and understand that HPA will own or hold rights to any such Recordings;
- Acknowledge further that HPA is the sole owner of the rights to stream or make all Recordings at and of the Event;
- Acknowledge that registered news media must be further approved by HPA and must further review and agree to the HPA News Media Audio / Video Policy (currently available at https://hpaonline.com);
- Understand that the HPA Materials and Event Solution (defined above) are provided and the Event is operated on an “As-Is” basis without warranty of any kind;
- Understand that HPA shall not be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected to participation in the Event or the use of the HPA Materials or Event Solution by you or anyone else, whether based in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, and even if HPA has been advised of the possibility of such damages;
- Accept that the Event terms and policies will be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of California and any other laws applicable to the location of the Event;
- Understand that no failure or delay by HPA to exercise any right will operate as a waiver thereof; and
- Understand that if any of the Event terms and policies are held to be contrary to applicable law, such term(s) or policy(ies) shall be changed or interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original wording to the fullest extent of the law.
BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AT REGISTRATION, YOU HEREBY:
- Agree to abide by and adhere to all Event terms and policies;
- Consent to receiving information from HPA regarding the Event and its related activities; and
- Consent to HPA using any Recording for any lawful purposes and including, without limitation, advertising, promoting, or publicizing HPA, the Event (or its related activities) and/or any other services, events, solutions, or programs of HPA.
You acknowledge that you have voluntarily decided to engage in/attend the Event and by attending the Event and in consideration of being allowed to be on premises (the “Venue”) you hereby, agree as follows:
- You are aware that the novel coronavirus (as defined by the World Health Organization) and any related strains, variants, and mutations thereof and other similar infectious diseases (“COVID-19”) is an extremely contagious virus and that it is currently believed that COVID-19 spreads through person-to-person contact.
- You are familiar with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) guidelines regarding COVID-19, which are located at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html and https://www.coronavirus.gov You acknowledge and understand that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day-to-day, and that the CDC guidelines are regularly modified and updated. You accept full responsibility for familiarizing yourself with the most recent updates and making informed choices to take precautionary measures to protect yourself and others. In addition to the CDC guidelines, you agree to abide by any and all policies or postings published to the general public at the Venue.
- You acknowledge that you are aware of the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Event, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. You understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Event may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself and others. You further understand that the risk of a COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of Hollywood Professional Association, Inc. (“HPA”), its affiliates, sponsors, partners, and/or the owner of the Venue (collectively, the “HPA Parties”).
- You agree that, in the event that you suspect you became exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Venue and you elect to seek testing and/or treatment as a result therefrom, you will be responsible for payment of any and all medical services and testing services.
- You voluntarily, choose to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury, illness, permanent disability, or death related to COVID-19 arising from or in connection with your presence at the Venue. You hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge and agree to indemnify, defend, save, and hold HPA Parties and the Venue their employees, agents, directors, officers and representatives and other participants harmless from, and waive on behalf of yourself, your heirs and successors, any and all causes of action, claims, demands, judgments, damage, all liabilities (statutory or otherwise), costs, interest, expenses (including attorney’s fees and disbursements) and compensation or loss for injury, illness, permanent disability, or death related to COVID-19 arising from or in connection with your presence at the Event or the Venue, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with any activities with, or at the Event and/or the Venue specifically including any such COVID-19 claims that arise from or in connection with any of the HPA Parties’ actions and/or ordinary negligence but specifically excluding any such COVID-19 claims that (and to the extent that such COVID-19 claims) arise from or in connection with the HPA Parties gross negligence or willful misconduct. You understand that this release discharges HPA Parties from any liability or claim that you may have against HPA Parties with respect to any bodily injury, illness, or death that may arise from or in connection with the activities. This liability waiver and release extends to the HPA Parties together with all its board of directors, all parent or member entities and their board of directors, all affiliated entities and their board of directors, and employees. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you (a) covenant and agree not to elect a trial by jury with respect to any issue arising out of this release that is triable of right by a jury, and (b) waive any right to trial by jury with respect to such issue to the extent that any such right exists now or in the future. This waiver of right to trial by jury is given knowingly and voluntarily.